Sunday, February 24, 2008

Stove


As many of you already know, I'll be taking my alcohol stove on the trail. I made the stove out of two Heiniken beer cans and one pop can. It weighs about two ounces, and takes about the same amount of fuel as a white gas stove. It also fits into my cooking pot along with my fuel bottle.
.
I've tested the stove in all kinds of weather looking for potential flaws. So far, I can find nothing wrong with it. I just tested it in snow, and as you can see, it works fine.
.
It burns denatured alcohol, which can be found in any hardware store, Wal-Mart, or Home Depot. I think it will be easier to find denatured alcohol along the trail than white gas.
.
The only problem is alcohol burns clear. You can only see the flame at night. You have to be very careful during the day. Spilled alcohol will burn without any sign of a flame.

1 comment:

Boomer said...

Now show me a picture with a pan sitting on it.