Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 58 - Waynesboro Church Hostile (June 5)


I did about 19 miles from Reeds Gap to Waynesboro today. I spent the night at the Dutch Haus. My ankle is really hurting. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 5 being normal trail pain and 10 being disabling pain, my ankle was mainly at a 6 or 7 today. I can easily walk with this pain. I'm just concerned about what might have happened. The good news is that the pain level decreased to about a 3 or 4 by the end of the day.

We are all living with significant pain. Most people have lost a lot of feeling in their toes and feet. Most people's feet hurt especially when they wake up and walk for the first time.

Thought Foot is back on the trail, and left a message that he is in Daleville today. He said he is doing well, and walking up to 18 miles per day. He told me last week that he met Red Eyes at the hostile, but Red Eyes was not talking to anyone.

I temporarily lost my tent today. The pain was distracting me, and my tent fell off my pack. I did not realize that I lost it until I was at the visitor center and my ride to town was waiting for me. I was thinking that I would make it back to the trail today to look for it, but Conan showed up at the hostile last night with a message that he had my tent at the YMCA. I have no idea how he knew it was my tent. Later, Barracus arrived with my tent. I used it as my pillow last night night.

I have some phone numbers for canoe outfitters I will call today. The pain in my ankle is giving me more incentive to aqua blaze.





No comments: