Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 59 - Zeroing in Waynesboro (June 6)


I decided to zero today to rest my foot, and check out canoeing options. The pain level in my foot seems to alternate between moderate and low. I'm guessing that I may have a slight sprain. I think that I just need to walk slow, and it will be ok.

I could not find any good information on aqua blazing. I might be able to rent a canoe on Monday to go to Front Royal, but I would need transportation to the canoe outfitter. I'm most likely going to be walking tomorrow. Although, I hear Canibal has a trip arranged, and I see that he is staying at the YMCA campsite. I too am staying at the YMCA tonight. I will probably find him later tonight.

I may be in the Waynesboro newspaper tomorrow. Cleve, a reporter for the local newspaper, stopped to interview me while I was walking in town. He wanted to know how I'm dealing with the heat. I told him that I'm drinking lots of water, but I'm not changing my plans. We talked a little about the trail, and he took my picture. I should have told him more information about the trail, but I waited for him to ask me questions. I will let you know tomorrow if I'm going to have my 15 minutes of fame.

No comments: