Monday, April 21, 2008

Clutter

I described in a previous post how the trail is changing the way I think. Several other people told me the same thing. For me, I think the trail is removing the clutter from my mind. Life is so simple, its difficult to think much beyond the moment.

I walk and let my mind wonder. I often have no thoughts as I walk. Its a good feeling. The furthest I can reasonably plan is the next incline, and the inclines are becoming easier and easier as I gain my trail legs.

I enjoy stopping to enjoy the scenery. This slows our mileage. Fortunately, Thought Food and Road Rash enjoy the same things.

I look forward to seeing how the trail coninues to change the way I think. As long as I continue to experience this change, I do not think it will be difficult to stay on the trail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....Just keep your brain going enough to remember to charge your phone in the towns.....

also...here is an interesting thing you could see in Smokey Mtn NP....

Somewhere north of "Old Black" (a mountain) and "Inadu Knob" (another peak just ~ 1 mile north), is the wreckage of an USAF F-4 (crashed in 1984, killing the pilot)....supposedly, there are pieces of wreckage right along the AT if you look hard in the right place....can give more details if you want...

Paul