Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hostiles Along the Trail

I'm going to have Heather send me mail drops. It looks like there will likely be hostiles along the trail. I have limited information concerning what lies ahead. All I'm doing now is planning one resupply ahead. I know I need supplies to get me to Franklin where I will meet my sister and have a ride. I know of nothing behyond.

I could use help finding hostiles with shuttled near the trail. Heather is going to look for me, but Ì'm sure she would be greatfull for any information anyone else can find.

Please post suggestions for good hostiles. I would like to resupply every three to seven days or 30 to 100 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suggestion for next Hostle (past Franklin and rendezvous with Chris):

The "Hike Inn" next to Fontana Lake at trail mile ~161 looks to be a good "full service" hostle...The massive Fontana Lake is the southern boarder of Smokey Mtn NP.
website for the hike inn is on the "Hostle link" on the blog site....phone# 828 479-3677

I would only have Heather plan one mail advance drop at a time....that is only 50-100 miles ahead of you...probably to hard to predict your schedule beyond that...

Paul

Paul