Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mobile Phone Coverage

I've not had very good phone service the last few days. I did not expect to have any service in the Smokies.

Thought Foot and I left Standing Bear hostile this morning. Road Rash is sick and zeroing today. He's planning on yellow blazing his way to Max Patch tomorrow morning, and catching up with us in Hot Springs. He has only been filtering water periodically.

We climbed from 1700 feet to 4200 feet this morning. It looks like my phone service is good. I had to climb a hill behind the hostile inorder to get even spoty service. I'm hoping my service stays good for a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm finally in... My invite expired, but thanks to Tadpole and Hotdogs, I got a new invite and actually created an account. Too bad the pictures can't be posted any longer. They were awesome. It sounds like you're having quite an adventure. How's the stove working out? I wish I could be there...

Mark

Hotdogs said...

Welcome Parrothead!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Hotdogs...

Dude that's a big climb for one morning (2,500 feet; what was that like). You're really doing it...

Joe said...

Mark,

You can not believe how good I feel. A 2,500 foot climb is hardly anything now. I read in the guide book that we should be reaching peak physical condition sometime in the next two to four weeks.

Joe