Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 101 - Cooper Lodge (July 18)

I'm staying at Cooper Lodge tonight. This is more like a run-down mouse infested shack than a lodge. Its one of the AT shelters. Its at an elevation of about 3,900 feet so it should be a cool night. There are some mosquetoes out that I hope will go away when the temperature drops.



There is another couple here tonight who are out just for the night. They are tenting nearby. There were n thru hikers at the shelter last night or at Sutton Place. I now might go a day or two before seeing another thru hiker.

My left knee was kind of sore yesterday. The soreness comes and goes. I pushed a few extra miles yesterday. I am surprised that I feel no soreness today.

I decided to start taking ibuprophin on a regular basis now. Ibuprophin is so common on the trail that it is refered to as vitamin I. I'm hoping regular use will help prevent problems this last month. I hear many people are taking lots of vitamin I to get through this last month.


No comments: