Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 85 - Greetings from New York (July 2)




I did a really short day today to get to Wildcat shelter. I was feeling some abrasions on the bottom of my left foot. I could not seem to stop the rubbing so I decided to stop early and rest my feet. I was averaging almost 23 miles per day since Harpers Ferry.

NY is another beautiful state. There are lots of igneous or metamorphic outcroppings, and the trail goes to the top of every one. It was very slow going. The rocks contributed to my foot problems.


The trail was really rugged again today. Doing this section in the rain could be extremely dangerous. There were lots of scrambles up and down steep slopes and a few short rock climbs.

I'm at the Wildcat shelter tonight after doing only 12 miles. I walked with Filadelfia Greenberg all day. He decided to do a few more miles today. I will probably see him tomorrow or Thursday.
I'm in my tent now trying to escape the mosquitoes that are buzzing around me.

No comments: