Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 98 - Green Mountains (July 15)


I hiked about 23 miles to get to the Story Spring shelter. It was a beautiful clear and cool day. Much of the terrain is beginning to look like the northwoods.


Vermont has been a very pretty state. The trails are not too steep, which makes walking fairly easy even with 2,000 foot plus mountains. I was going to hike a couple more hours after dinner to get closer to the road to Manchester Center, but Seattle Sailor showed me a short cut that gets me closer to town without having to hitch. I will try it tomorrow.


I think Lyme disease and giardia are taking some more people off the trail. Pond Scum who I met at Goose pond shelter thought he had giardia. It did not sound like he was treating his water very well. Jack Frost who I met a few days ago thought he had Lyme disease. Seattle Sailor said he knows of several other people getting off because of Lyme disease.

No comments: