Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 89 - Greetings from CT (July 6)


I crossed into CT today. Thiis state was way too far away to ever imagine. I can't believe I'm here. There are only 53 miles in CT so I should be in MA in a few more days.

My feet are in siignificant pain. My shoes have worn out. They were fine one day, and not fine practically the next day. I can feel every rock. My feet are really bruised. I need new shoes soon.

I made it to Kent today. I think I'm at the Algo shelter or lean to as the shelters are now called. My book is in my pack so I can't look it up now. I'm in my tent now after night hiking back from Kent. It got dark sooner than expected. I don't mind night hiking in the woods, I just don't want to do it over rocks.

My phone and internet connection is not working at the shelter, but worked fine in town. The signal must be getting blocked by the mountains. I noticed that this happens quite often. I nearly always write my daily posting before going to sleep. Its just not always easy to find a signal to post.

Nearly everything was closed in Kent so I have to go back tomorrow morning. I had dinner at a bar. I know I ate a lot, but it still feels like I was ripped off.

1 comment:

pbowyer said...

Joe...your ahead of schedule...I say zero, and let your feet heal....and get new shoes....dont walk in pain, you could really rurin your feet...

PB