Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 105 - Trapper John Shelter (July 22)

It took a little longer to get out of Hanover this morning than I would have liked. We only did 16 miles to the Trapper John shelter. I would have liked to have made it to the next shelter.

Iowa Bebe, Dolly, and two section hikers are here tonight. Dolly attempted a thru hike in 2000. she had a knee injury that took her off the trail in Connecticut. She has been slowly trying to finish the trail.

I heard Bill Bryson does not live in Hanover any more. I heard he is living in the UK again. Robert Redford is supposed to be making a film of "A Walk in the Woods". Does anyone know the status of this film?

As for Thought Foot, he called me last week to let me know he is at the Delaware Water Gap. That is about 3 weeks behind me. He said his is only doing miles in the upper teens. I think he was really pushing himself to keep up with me.

No comments: