Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 23 - Elmer's Sunnybank Hostile (May 1)


All I can say about Elmer's Sunnybank hostile is Wow! I wish I had pictures to post. The hostile is an 1840 house with beautiful woodwork and old wallpaper. Elmer is the owner. There are a lot of ecofriendly books and stickers all over the house. I have some pictures on my digital camera that I will eventually post.

My phone service has been very spotty the last couple weeks. I'm writing yesterday's post today from a computer at an outfitter in Hot Springs.

We started yesterday at Walnut Mountain shelter. It was about a 15 mile walk into Hot Springs. It was a beautiful day to be walking. We saw too much of Wing Ding and his friend Spirit along the trail. Wing Ding is the graffiti dude that everyone was really hating. We have been trying to guess what age he was and what he looked like. Thought Foot came close with the exception that Wing Ding is in his 50s and not early 20s.

We did a resupply here in Hot Springs for a 5 day walk. I think we can make Erwin in 4 days, but we will see. My pack feels very heavy with all of the extra food. Its been several days since I felt like my pack was heavy. Its amazing how quickly a pack will lighten.

That's it for now. I have people looking at me waiting to use the computer so I better go.

3 comments:

pbowyer said...

What happened to Road Rash....did he catch up??

Paul

Hotdogs said...

Once you entered, did you hear Toccata & Fugue In D Minor by Bach?

Joe said...

No sign of Road Rash. I'm hoping to see him tonight. If not, I will probably not see him again until trail days at the end of next week.