Friday, May 9, 2008

Kincora Hostile

I just returned from what will likely be one of the most dangerous things I ever do on the trail or possibly anywhere else. The hostile has a shuttle ride for grocieries. The owner has a supersize pickup truck. There were several people up front, and seven of us in the back. The road had many hair pin curves. At least several of us were very uncomfortable with the idea of shuttle service, but we did not have a choice unless we were willing to go a few days without food.

Kincora is a dry hostile. While I do not miss beer on the trail, I was really looking forward to one today. The accomidations are kind of small, which has made getting to know others kind of difficult. It would have been nice to sit out back and relax with a beer.

Bone Lady is making chili tonight. She is from Tremont in Cleveland, and has some very strange tattoos on her arms. Someone asked her about them, and she said they are from a Salvidore Doli sketch.

I'm really looking forward to the outfitter in Demascus. I broke a hiking pole today, the stitching in my shoes is going, and the belt on my pack no longer cinches tight enough.

My phone all of a sudden started taking pictures again. Unfortunately, there is no place to charge my battery here.

2 comments:

Boomer said...

So you in bone lady are neighbors who met on the trail.

Tadpole said...

My uncle lives in Tremont.