Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Great to hear you're doing so well on the trail. I remember thinking 12 miles was some kind of accomplishment when I was out with my dad. My feet and legs hurt! My dad, the engineer, was realy good at planning. He planned out every day's distatance and how many calories we would eat. The first day out we stopped for a snack which was ok. Later we had "lunch" and I thoght "he's going to starve me to death!" Then after making camp we had dinner and was was sure I'd have to get used to hunger pains but was surprised to realize I was satisfied after dinner. As the days went on I understood that he had done an excellent job anticipating our needs and I never realy did go hungry. I will hike the trail with you in spirit but if and when I do hike it'll be for 10 or 12 miles a day max!

No comments: