Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 31 - Kincora Hostile (May 9)




We were up by 6 AM and walking by 6:30 AM. It was wet from last night's rain. I slipped on some rocks and snapped one of my hiking poles. The pole caught long enough for me to catch my balance. It could have been a really bad fall otherwise. It will be another two days before I can get a replacement pole.

Kincora hostile is a strange place. Maybe Heather can find a picture to post. Its kind of a free for all. Those that stayed the night tell those of us just arriving where everything is and what is expected.

I've noticed that it takes people about an hour or so to get used to someone new. When I arrived, I was so far ahead of everyone that I knew no one here. It took a while to get to know those already here. Later, Thought Foot and Pathfinder arrived.

I had some curry lentil soup someone here made for lunch. It was wonderful! Then I took a shower. Wow, did that feel good.

I'm going to take a nap now and wait for the shuttle. I slept on the third level of Mountaineer Falls shelter. The rain kept me awake.

No comments: