Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 40 - Zeroing in Wytheville (May 18)





I spent the day zeroing at the Wytheville Comfort Inn with Heather. I still do not know how I feel. It sounds like a fever of 102.8 means I have a fairly serious infection my body is fighting. It also sounds like what ever I have I got through a bug bite or a cut. I'm going to keep going and see what happens. I have antibiotics that hopefully will kill what ever I have.

Another strange thing is I think I've lost some feeling in my toes possibly due to the constant pounding my feet are taking. It might also be very thick calluses that make my toes less sensitive.

Heather found a new dog today in the parking lot. She is bringing it home to take to the pound. If you want a nice Jack Russell Terrier, please let her know.

We drove out to the Grayson Highlands today. This was one of the most beautiful places I've seen on the trail. Hopefully, Heather will post some of my pictures under my posts when she gets back. The problem today was the road went no where near anything really beautiful. I suppose it was all scenic, but I've been on scenic overload and have very high expectations.

I have not talked to Thought Foot since Saturday morning. I'm hoping he finds a ride back to the Mount Rogers visitor center tomorrow. He said he was on the standby list for a shuttle ride.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that dog is actually homeless & not just lost.

Hotdogs said...

He seems to have been treated badly. He's very timid and has a gash on his side and a big scar on his head. He hasn't barked once! He made one soft whimper when he had to go out. Little dogs usually bark. So I think he was beaten for barking or something. We asked around but no one knows anything about him. The people at the hotel said they would just put him down at the pound and not to take him there. We found him at the gas station which is by a large intersection off the highway. So he just might have been dumped. No tags. He is so cute, it will be easy to find him a home. People pay lots of money for these dogs.

Boomer said...

I lost my dog at a gas station by a large intersection. I would have preferred to have a stranger find him a home than have him mashed by a truck.

Joe, did you have any good fever delirium visions?

Hotdogs said...

The dog is only 1/2 Jack Russel, the other half makes him calm and quiet. He had an ear infection, fleas and a bite on his side. All are being treated and he got shots. Albert's parents might take him. My fingers are crossed. He is also good with cats.

Joe said...

I unfortunately had no delirium visions, but Heather made me put ice on my head to cool my temperature.

Anonymous said...

Joe you look good with that dog!