Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 49 - Dragon's Tooth & Near Exhaustion (May 27)

I'm at John's Spring shelter sitting here in the dark all by myself with glowing eyes looking at me in the dark. I'm not sure who the eyes belong to.

I started this morning at Sarver's Hollow shelter. The first six miles were relatively easy even though they were over rocks and boulders. I did 16 miles by 1:00 PM. I decided it was too early to stop. John's Spring shelter was another 13.6 miles. There was no camping between shelters. There terrain was extremely difficult. I had to climb on ladder rungs bolted into the rock, and walk in ledges a few inches to a few feet across. One wrong step, and bones would break.

I finally got to the shelter at 8:45 PM to find a stagnant spring and no one here. I made my dinner and now I'm sitting in the shelter alone watching glowing eyes circle me. I don't think they are bears so I'm not going to worry.

2 comments:

Ambling Old Man said...

Glowing eyes in the dark? No worries, mate! Just relax and go to sleep.

Hotdogs said...

It must be big foot.