Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 32 - Watuaga Lake (May 10)


We started this morning at kincora hostile and did about 24 miles to Iron Mountain shelter. This was our longest distance day so far. I feel really good. I have lots of energy, and my feet feel good. The only physical problem I have is from the rubbing of my shorts against my legs. With this many miles, any little problem becomes a bigger problem.

We went across Waguaga Dam today. The lake was very pretty. We climbed up along a ridge and could see it below all day.

John who is one of Pathfinder's friends had a really bad blister on the heal of his foot. I tried to convince him to take a couple zeros and get a shuttle to Demascus to meet his friends. I think he is going to try walking today. I don't think he will get very far.

Bone Lady made french toast for breakfast this morning. We all put in 5 dollars for last night's chili and this morning's french toast. There shoud be pictures from the hostile on Stinger's journal at http://www.trailjournals.com/.

Please let me know what you find. I did not take any pictures at the hostile. He might not post them for a couple weeks.

When Bone Lady found out we were moving fairly fast, she asked us if we met You Go Girl. I told her about finding You Go Girl bleeding by the side of the trail a few days ago. Apparently, You Go Girl has been doing lots of other things that keep getting her in trouble. She had to be rescued from Blood Mountain by someone at Neel's gap, and she burned a lot of her clothes to keep warm for some reason. It sounded like she has quite a reputation by those that started hiking with her.

The moon is starting to get full again. Its nice to have its light at night.

No comments: