Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 39 - Zeroing at the Wythville Emergency Room (May 17)



My fever went up to 102.8 last night. I took some Tylenol, and my fever went down. It was near normal in the morning. I called my aunt Anne for advice in the morning. She recommended seeing a doctor because this is the fifth day. I tried calling my insurance company, but no one would answer so I had no idea if an emergency room visit would be covered. I decided to call my doctor's office so that I would at least have their recommendation to see a doctor, which they gave.

Heather took me to the Wythville emergency room where we spent about 3.5 hours. After a long wait, they did a blood test. Everything came back good. The doctor could find nothing wrong except the fever. I decided to take antibiodics just to make sure what ever I have would not come back.

What's interesting is that I kept feeling chills at different times. I took ibuprofen for my head ache from time to time. I think that the ibuprofen was helping with the fever too. I could not figure out why what ever I had kept coming and going like it did. I think the ibuprofen was the reason. I had a hard time eating when ever I had a fever. I'm feeling a little tired now, but I'm also feeling much better.

I still really don't know at what temperature do you go to the emergency room. I know serious damage can occur if your temperature goes above 104. How much lower than 104 is a concern?

3 comments:

Boomer said...

Hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be sick.

Joe said...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I also hope you feel better soon. It must be a lot harder to hike & get going in the morning when your not feeling well. Take care!

Kitty