Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 35 - Leaving Demascus (May 13)


Hostiles are not places to go if you need rest. I was sleeping upstairs, but I could still hear the noise from the main area. I think people kept coming back from the bar, and were making lots of noise until after 1:00 AM. After that, I had snoring to keep me awake. A guy by the name of lone eagle or bald eagle or something like that was sleeping in my room. He would snore loudly for a while, stop breathing for a few seconds, and then start snoring again. This went on nearly all night.

We left the hostile about 8:30 AM, and went about 17 or 18 miles. We are at a campsite a mile or two north of lone mountain shelter. The shelter was packed with people and more kept coming in. I think all of the shelters near Demascus will be packed the next few days. People are coming in from both the trail and all over the country for Drail Days. I would like to get as far north as possible on Friday before Heather picks us up.

For yesterday being a zero day, there sure was a lot to do. I had to resupply, do laundary, buy some new shoes and other stuff, and build a new stand for my stove.

I was really dragging at the end of the day. I'm very tired from lack of sleep, but I think I was also eating poorly today. Thought Foot always likes his snacks so I bought lots of snacks too. I had a bag of potatoe chips for second breakfast and a chocolate bar for lunch. I was kind of feeling tired so I did not bother eating much else. We stopped early, and I ate diinner early. That was all it took to pick me up.

I told Heather we can see ponies when she is here, and she said she wants to shoot one. I told her she is only allowed to club the babies.

I don't have phone or internet coverage here so I will post when I can.

PS - If you compliment a blog administrator, they will run amuck.

4 comments:

pbowyer said...

I think that if you can prove that you have some "native american" (or certain ethnic) ancestors somewhere along the line in your family...then you are allowed to club anything....

Additionally, even if you do not have any native american blood in your family....you can still legally club something...as long as you exclaim: "it was commin right for me!" following the incident.

Tadpole said...

Only the babies though - they're still tender. The older ones would be tough and gristly. Bad for Rabbit's few teeth that he has left.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to respond to those comments, but I'm at a loss for words, especially the "tough and gristly."

Moore tequila I guess...

Hotdogs said...

Wow, thanks for the tip Paul. I wonder if I could get away with that at work?