Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 45 - Pearisburg (May 23)

I started this morning at the Wapiti shelter, and arrived at the Pearisburg Holiday Motor Lodge this afternoon. I'm concerned about Thought Foot. His foot was hurting this morning. I gave him some Iburofen for the pain this morning. He was moving very slow. He thought he was going too fast keeping up with Buzzard yesterday. He said he liked listening to Buzzard who is like a book on tape.

The terrain in Virginia is much gentler than anything we've seen so far. There are still plenty of ups and downs. We had to climb over a 1,500 feet this morning, and descend over 2,000 feet today. However, there has been a lot of relatively flat ground with elevation changes of only a few hundred feet. Nothing is as easy as anything in Ohio, but its still nice walking.

It looks like a lot of the pictures I took on the first disk turned out well. I could not tell by looking at my camera monitor.

I'm watching C-Span about petroleum prices. Some of our senators do not seem to understand the concept of supply and demand. Others do not understand the concept of profit and investment. I'm glad I'm walking.

No comments: